Are you a journalist and need some refresher training, prior to heading off overseas?
Online Refresher Training - 4 HOURS
Have YOU not travelled much over the last year? Have your teams not travelled much over the last year?
Are YOU or your teams about to deploy on an overseas assignment to medium or high-risk locations?
Are YOU getting ready to travel overseas, but need some advice? Bit rusty on First Ad skills?
Are you and your teams in date with your HET/HEFAT/First Aid training, but would appreciate a refresher?
4 hours of Refresher Training specific to an assignment - minimum of 2 people, up to 6 people
We cover what you want us to: some ideas from a team who we trained last week who are now in Kurdistan and Northern Syria included:
- Threat assessment and risk assessments
- Pre-deployment planning and preparation for the assignment
- Contingency planning
- Reminder of your First Aid skills in a trauma situation
4 hours online - you stay put in your home or at your offices. The feedback was "I didn’t realise that I had forgotten so much!"
Face to Face First Aid and Trauma Training - 6 hours
Are you rusty on First Aid skills? Forgotten the basics?
We will come to your offices, and run YOU and/or your teams through their First Aid and Trauma skills. We will revise, refresh or teach, whichever it turns out to be. As long as your offices are COVID compliant, we will come to you.
This is what we are finding that everyone has forgotten...
- Revision of first actions in the event of a medical emergency
- Primary survey and mechanism of injury (for diagnosis)
- Management of bleeding - pressure, haemostats, packing and wraping wounds, tourniquets
- Shock (hypovolaemic)
- Prolonged care & pain management
- Medical Equipment for overseas travel - medium and high risk
- Casualty evacuation planning
- Bugs, bites and bowels - diseases and the normal "travel illnesses"
Photos: RPS Partnership working in Egypt and thanks to Terje Sollie