28 May 2019 - RPS Partnership
At RPS Partnership we train people to understand hostile environments and to know what to do in a variety of situations. If you or your staff are planning a trip to Egypt (or any other hostile environment) soon look us up to see how we can help you.
Many of us will have seen the news of the bombing of a tourist bus near Giza in Egypt last week. The bus that was targeted had been transporting 25 South African Tourists from the airport to the pyramids when they were attacked. The blast is reported to have injured 7 South African Tourists and 10 Egyptian civilians. Unfortunately, this is the second attack of its kind in the last 6 months in Egypt. In December 2018 3 Vietnamese tourists were killed when the vehicle they were travelling in was damaged by a bomb which had been placed near a wall on the outskirts of Cairo.
Egypt is a diverse and historically rich country with around 319 000 British nationals visiting various tourist attractions in 2017. If you are travelling to Egypt either on business or on holiday here are a few tips to help make your journey a safe and hopefully uneventful one:
- Avoid crowded places and gatherings, including in or around religious sites and during religious festivals.
- If you go to a crowded place or other possible target, have a clear exit plan in case of a security incident.
- Take extra care over local holiday weekends, as some attacks have taken place during these times.
- Obey curfews which may be in place and respect the local law enforcement personnel.
- Make sure you check the UK Government website for specific travel advice before you depart.
Should you need any further advice RPS partnership will be happy to help. No matter where you are in the world RPS Partnership can bring any type of training to you.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any advice or training for your local or international staff who are going to be working abroad or as lone travellers. We also offer specific courses for Hostile Environment Training if this is something that would benefit your organisation and staff.
To read more on this story go to https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/dec/29/egyptian-forces-kill-40-suspected-militants-after-tourist-bus-bombing
Photo:RPS Partnership working in Egypt