After a highly successful 2019 we are now offering courses in Niger with our partners in Niamey, ACCESS Development.
These new courses (as advertised on Relief Web) for 2020 kick off in February, this course is the first of 2 during the week of 17 February, if you have other dates then please contact us.
This 3-day Hostile Environment Training course is aimed primarily at local staff as well as excellent for those new to the West Africa Sahel region, primarily Niger, Burkina Faso and Mali where there is a real and high threat of terrorism.
- Need some Hostile Environment Training for your staff?
- Do you want to feel comfortable with your First Aid skills?
- Want to feel confident that you can identify and know how to difficult situations in the region (including Boko Haram)?
- Hear from experienced trainers who live and work in the region
Monday 17 - Wednesday 19 February 2020
We specialise in making training courses as realistic as possible and this includes both classroom based and extemely realistic practical scenario based training. We plan for the worst possible scenario to ensure that you are fully prepared to deal with any challenges that you may face in a hostile or unfamiliar environment.
Courses are conducted by 3-person mixed-gender training teams at our permanent training facility in Niamey. We also like to keep 12 as the maximum number of participants on courses, this ensures that you receive quality training with everyone getting hands on experience during the course.
Subjects Include (amongst others)
- Planning - Journey Management
- Conflict Management
- Personal Security & Dis-engagement Skills
- Cultural Considerations
- Abduction / Hostage Situations (emphasis on Boko Haram)
- High Impact Crimes
- Weapon Awareness
- Mines / IEDs / UXOs
- Medical training (EFAW) & Remote Trauma
- Health & Hygiene in the region
What will you get from this course?
- Certificate of Attendance - you can provide this certificate as evidence for the risk assessment process as well as for insurance companies.
- Emergency First-Aid at Work (EFAW)Certificate - valid for 3 years and accredited by AID Training (UK)*
- A good time!
*depending on what is agreed within the proposal
The course is in central Niamey at the ACCESS Development training centre, practical scenario is around 3km north of the centre.
The minimum course size is 4 people and the maximum is 12 (ideally), we are also delivering back-to-back courses. Smaller group numbers ensure you receive quality training.
Please enquire about prices if you have 4 or more people. Prices include 3-days training instruction, training materials, lunch, snacks as well as a Certificate of Attendance.
How to Register
Please enquire about prices and a comprehensive quotation if you have a group.For further information on course fees please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or give us a call on +44(0)1225 290210. Be great to hear from you.
Photographs - left - classroom training, right - practical scenario training, Niamey, Niger