Hostile Environment Training UK
Enquire About This Course
RPS Partnership provides stimulating and realistic training for international NGOs and humanitarian workers, oil and gas employees as well as journalists. As seen on ReliefWeb, our courses are designed for those travelling to and working in complex, remote or challenging locations, as well as high crime areas and areas where there is a high threat of terrorism.
All courses are residential and are held over 3 days at our excellent training facility at Easthampstead Park Conference Centre near Bracknell in the south of England
We specialise in making training courses as realistic as possible. We plan for the worst possible scenario to ensure that you are fully prepared to deal with any challenges that you may face in a hostile or unfamiliar environment. Our trainers bring a wealth of up to date experiences into the learning environment and we share real-time experiences and advice with you.
These courses are for small groups with typically around 6 to 8 participants with a maximum of 12, this ensures the quality of training for you
Subjects may vary with a mix of Security and First Aid. Our First Aid modules are adapted to what you are doing in your workplace and where and how you are going to be working. It may include how to deal with basic trauma injuries such as those encountered in a road traffic collision or in a terrorist attack.
Subjects Include (amongst others)
- Journey Management
- Conflict Management
- Personal Security and Dis-engagement Skills
- Cultural Considerations
- Abduction / Hostage Situations
- High Impact Crimes
- Weapon Awareness
- Mines / IEDs / UXOs
- Medical training (EFAW) and Remote Trauma
- Health and Hygiene in Natural Disasters
Take a look here for a snapshot of one of our courses previously run for the media
2020 Course Dates
We now have dates for 7 x Hostile Environment Training Courses in 2020 *. If you have a group and want another date, please contact us
- February Monday 10 - Wednesday 12 February (RPS-J2001/02)
- April Monday 13 - Wednesday 15 April (RPS-J2001/04)
- June Monday 01 - Wednesday 03 June (RPS-J2001/06)
- August Monday 03 - Wednesday 05 August (RPSJ2001/08)
- October Monday 12 - Wednesday 14 October (RPS-J2001/10)
- November Monday 02 - Wednesday 04 November (RPS-J2001/11)
All courses run from Monday till Wednesday and include Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) certification. We also offer a modular course, whereby you can add subjects and days. We also recommed you check-in on the Sunday evening, ready to go for the start of the course on Monday
Easthampstead Park Conference Centre just off the A329 (M), M4 junction 10 – good rail links from Central London, near Bracknell, Berkshire
What certification will you get?
- RPS Partnership Certificate of Attendance - you can provide as evidence for the risk assessment process as well as for insurance companies. It may well lower your insurance premiums
- Emergency First-Aid at Work (EFAW) Certificate - valid for 3 years and accredited by AID Training (UK)
To apply for a course or if you wish us to run a Hostile Environment Training (HET) Course specifically for your organisation please contact us on [email protected] or [email protected] or give us a call on +44(0)1225 290210 for more information and a comprehensive quotation/proposal. Be good to hear from you
*Please note that should there be insufficient students to conduct a course (less than 4) then RPS Partnership reserves the right to reschedule requests to an alternative date. Participants will be informed if this situation arises, we trust you understand.